Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nkelejyan

Underlying and Summarized data export values do not match

Hi, I'm having issues with data export to Excel. The record count is different based upon whether “summary” or “underlying” data is exported to Excel (approximately 8K records were exported with the summary export and approximately 10K records were exported with the underlying data export). It looks like several rows are missing from the summary export even though the actual table in the report shows the correct count (about 10k). Shouldn’t these record counts match?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi @nkelejyan 

You may refer to this post:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Can-not-export-full-data-of-table-very-small-dataset-couple...

If you still have the problem, please share a simple sample pbix file for us have a test.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @nkelejyan ,

from my understanding the "correct count ..." is a measure used on Card visual using the DAX function COUNTROWS('<tablename>').

This is the number of rows I would expect in the file using the export option "underlying".

Even a table or matrix viusal are grouping rows, if there are rows with identical values in the columns used in the table visual. For this it could be happen that there are 8k rows that are "grouped" and 10k rows building the source for the grouping. Add a simple measure COUNTROWS('<tablename>') to the table visual, sort the "column" descending  and then you can "check" if there are "duplicate" rows.

Hopefully this adds some additional insights.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi @TomMartens , thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, there are no duplicates. Here is the table I'm talking about:

tempsnip.png

Basically, this table shows course completions per user ID which is unique. In the underlying data export, the only difference is that it shows the unique "certification id" in the "Total completions" column. Hope this makes sense. 

hi @nkelejyan 

You may refer to this post:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Can-not-export-full-data-of-table-very-small-dataset-couple...

If you still have the problem, please share a simple sample pbix file for us have a test.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors