Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Underlying Data export Issue

Hello Community,

Its my new venture with PBI , my problem is after publishing my report in service, users are not able to export underlying data. All permissons are enabled  both at report and service level. If I use report measures (dax generated measures) then underlying data is not exporting the complete data but only the aggregated data whereas if I aggregate the data with PBI aggregate functions :

Rockstar777_1-1606975002748.png

The undrlying data export working fine. The problem only lies with dax measures in the report.

Rockstar777_0-1606974813274.png

Rockstar777_2-1606975471990.png--> this is option is unabled.

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It all works well in my test, would you please show us more details about what field are you using in the visual? And please also try to use table visual to export data.

If this post help, please consider accept it as the solution to help others find it more  quickly.

Best Regard,

Dedmon Dai

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you mean you can use export underlying data but the exported data is aggregated?

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes thats the problem.

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Would you please check if the user has build permission for the dataset?

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

And you can also refer to the similar post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Export-Underlying-Data-not-working/td-p/728568

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, All the permissions are checked ok and measures are in there respective tables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors