Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to visualize dashboard in app when computer is off

Hello,

I am not able to solve this issue: 20 days ago I got my Power BI Pro free license and loaded there a dashboard, with its report and data set. I wanted to understand if now I was able to see my dashboard from mobile even if my computer was switched off, and it worked.

Right now I tried and I am not able to visualize it anymore. If my computer is off, I can't see anything from my mobile phone, although my dashboard, report and data set are in the app.

Why??

Thank you so much

Nick

5 REPLIES 5
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, I cannot reproduce your issue here. I am using the version of 15.9 mobile app of IOS. What is yours? What’s more, what is your data source and how did you connect to it? Is gateway required for your data source?

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-frfei-msft and thank you for answering.

I am working with a SQL Server database which I imported in Power BI Desktop using Direct Query mode. Then I published it on Power BI Service and set a data gateway to update charts. I am using Android app, version 2.2.180712.112152. It looks strange compared to your version number, am I missing something?

Thanks

Nick

Hi @Anonymous,

Here I made a test to connect to SQL server database using the direct query. Do you install gateway on your computer and turn the computer off? If so, I can reproduce your issue, for this situation the gateway is the key point, once you turn the computer off, the gateway turned offline, you cannot view the report and dashboard this time, and this is an expected behavior.

You shouldn't install a gateway on a computer, such a laptop, that may be turned off, asleep, or not connected to the Internet because the gateway can't run under any of those circumstances. In addition, gateway performance might suffer over a wireless network. For more details, please check the online document.

ca.png

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous,

Does that make sense? If so , kindly mark the answer as a solution to close the case, thanks in advance.

Regards,
Frank

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry @v-frfei-msft I was out for some days on another sudden project.

Yes your answer makes sense, sure it's right. I am just worried because about one month ago I got Power BI Pro free license, built the system I told you (SQL Server, Direct Query, ...), then I switched my PC off and I still was able to see my dashboards from smartphone.

Anyway, where can I install my gateway on instead of my PC? The best pick would be to choose something never goes off?

A further thank

Nick

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors