Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Daniil
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Unable to use a gateway

After updating the on-premises gateway to the latest version, I am unable to use it on a specific dataset. Before the update, the gateway was working with the dataset all right. It still works with other datasets. I don't know what's special about the dataset other than using Dataflows as a source (I did provide the credentials).

Error details:

Something went wrong
Failed to use the selected gateway. Please make sure the gateway is up and running and try again.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: da7e76c2-517a-46a8-b7d9-3818d0bef52c
Request ID: 9f075255-cb6f-8bf7-8a7f-c656f7183940
Correlation ID: 5fc8cf2f-dd84-0474-a5f2-39723d681005
Status code: 400
Time: Tue Dec 04 2018 11:45:41 GMT+1100 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
Version: 13.0.7382.168
Cluster URI: https://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Daniil,

What are the data sources of this specific dataset? 

Please make sure that you enter same connection strings of data sources in Power BI Desktop and Power BI gateway. In Power BI Desktop, please go to File -> Options and settings ->Data source settings to check all the data sources of the dataset, you can post screenshot about data sources in Power BI Desktop and gateway here.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Daniil
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

@v-yuezhe-msft, I don't remember, unfortunately, but the issue is resolved as mentioned in my previous message -- please close this issue.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Daniil,

After you update gateway version, have your restarted Power BI gateway service?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Daniil
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Lydia, thank you for the reply. You were right -- the difference in connection strings was the issue, not Dataflows.

More specifically, I used server in the .pbix file and server.domain.com in the gateway.

I find it strange that I did not see any kind of Data source credentials error when trying to use the gateway for scheduled refresh. I think there should be an error, just like in case of data sources not present in the gateway -- otherwise it very non-intuitive and difficult to figure out what the issue is. Should I report this issue separately?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Daniil,

What are the data sources of this specific dataset? 

Please make sure that you enter same connection strings of data sources in Power BI Desktop and Power BI gateway. In Power BI Desktop, please go to File -> Options and settings ->Data source settings to check all the data sources of the dataset, you can post screenshot about data sources in Power BI Desktop and gateway here.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors