Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Raj910
Employee
Employee

Unable to upgrade PowerBI workspace due to content packs

I am in the process of upgrading a workspace while doing so I encounter an error due to the presence of content pack which asks me to delete the content packs(image below)

DeleteContentPack.png

If I delete the content pack how do I recreate the content packs after upgrade? As these content packs are created and shared by various members of the workspace should I request them to recreate the content packs? Or Can I recreate them myseld? Also I see content packs are being replaced by Apps, so how do i proceed for the upgrade? Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
jeevabharrathi
Frequent Visitor

Hey Raj,

I am also facing similar issue while migrating classic workspace to modern workspace.Did you find any work around for this.

Or we manually have to re-create same Apps (old content packs) in the modern workspace?

Hi Jeeva,

I had to maually create all the contents manully.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to ask one more question, how did you manage to get the list of content packs avalible per classic workspace and members of content packs?

Thanks in advance,

Jeeva

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Raj910 @deepu299 @Anonymous @Anonymous @v-shex-msft 

I have tried to check it from my end, looks like features not deployed in ther clusters.

Microsoft officially launched the documentation, but not the features in Power BI Service. Might be it'll take sometime.

please refer the link.

upgrade version status.JPG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft 

Please could you advise where the upgrade option is located/accessed from?

Cheers

@Anonymous 
I don't see it in my PBI Service but here is the documentation
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/designer/service-upgrade-workspaces

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like this is in preview now?  How/where is it accessed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shame about the content packs not upgrading to apps, would be keen to understand if there is a workaround too.

Does this affect "apps" loaded to old style workspaces too or only content packs?

Out of interest is this option now available to all workspace admins, or is it only available to tenant admins? I cannot seem to find this within the settings of the "old" style workspaces we currently have created.

Cheers

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Raj910 ,

AFAIK, content pack not available on new workspace, you and other users not able to create on new version workspace.
Current power bi service does not contain any features to convert content pack to the app, you need to rebuild shared contacts as workspace app in new workspace. (each workspace can publish one app)
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors