Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to update report published to web using source web.content

I have been trying to auto update my report using the web service but for some reason it replies with internal error 500 and status code 400. I am connecting to a internal web address using XML request and web connection.

when updating in powerbi desktop i have no problem updating.. The problem is there when trying to update using the powerbi.com. I have attached the error 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to auto update my report using the web service but for some reason it replies with internal error 500 and status code 400. I am connecting to a internal web address using XML request and web connection.

when updating in powerbi desktop i have no problem updating.. The problem is there when trying to update using the powerbi.com. I have attached the error

@Anonymous,

Can you post your PowerQuery script(s) here? Very often some functionality from Desktop is not supported in Web.

Regards,
Ruslan
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ruslan

Thank you for your support. Yes, I would be glad to.

Source =  Xml.Tables(Web.Contents("---Path----/GetWorkshopPackagesInterface/GetWorkshopPackages?wsdl",[Content=File.Contents("U:\----[file path]----\togplan.xml"),Headers=[#"Accept-Encoding"="gzip,deflate", SOAPAction="", #"Content-Type"="text/xml;charset=UTF-8"]])),

The xml file content is simple request to get entire data using just a recognition name and a date.

However  the current situation with this dataset is quite undesirable.. It works prefectly in Desktop but in web it has problems.

Progress: When i put the permits to none in the datasource settings I could get past internal error 500 and status code 400. However when i right click on the dataset in the web and update, it comes with this error:

Table: Query1.Underlying error message: [Data cannot be combined] Section1 / Inquiry1 / AutoRemovedColumns1 access data sources with levels of privacy protection that cannot be used together. Build this data combination again.DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources: [{"kind": "File", "path": "U: El-trains: Helgoland IR4: Train plan xml request and plan.xml"} , { "kind", "Web", "path", "http://something.dk:0000/GetWorkshopPackagesInterface/GetWorkshopPackages?wsdl"}]Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason: PrivacyErrorCluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.netActivity ID: 98b1c2d3-71c7-4a3a-AFAC-02ba24ba72c0Request ID: 8f451ff2-B6AC-312e-533b-1653e94363beTime: 2019-02-07 06: 27: 58Z

thank you for helping

Additionally, We even have premium and pro version in our company, yet we still cannot do on-demand update like lets say every 15 min. I dont understand why this should be such a big issue. All we have is adding columns with option of every 30 min or 1 hr. to update. Do you have any solution on this ?

Hi @Anonymous,

As I see you use POST API request here (because Content parameter is filled). And it is not supported in Power BI Service currently.

You can publish a report to the cloud but you will not be able to update credentials to it and set some refresh policy.

Regards,
Ruslan

@Anonymous,

There is a general idea and you can vote for it - https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13318842-support-post-requests.

Regards,
Ruslan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors