Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to update report published to web using source web.content

I have been trying to auto update my report using the web service but for some reason it replies with internal error 500 and status code 400. I am connecting to a internal web address using XML request and web connection.

when updating in powerbi desktop i have no problem updating.. The problem is there when trying to update using the powerbi.com. I have attached the error 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to auto update my report using the web service but for some reason it replies with internal error 500 and status code 400. I am connecting to a internal web address using XML request and web connection.

when updating in powerbi desktop i have no problem updating.. The problem is there when trying to update using the powerbi.com. I have attached the error

@Anonymous,

Can you post your PowerQuery script(s) here? Very often some functionality from Desktop is not supported in Web.

Regards,
Ruslan
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ruslan

Thank you for your support. Yes, I would be glad to.

Source =  Xml.Tables(Web.Contents("---Path----/GetWorkshopPackagesInterface/GetWorkshopPackages?wsdl",[Content=File.Contents("U:\----[file path]----\togplan.xml"),Headers=[#"Accept-Encoding"="gzip,deflate", SOAPAction="", #"Content-Type"="text/xml;charset=UTF-8"]])),

The xml file content is simple request to get entire data using just a recognition name and a date.

However  the current situation with this dataset is quite undesirable.. It works prefectly in Desktop but in web it has problems.

Progress: When i put the permits to none in the datasource settings I could get past internal error 500 and status code 400. However when i right click on the dataset in the web and update, it comes with this error:

Table: Query1.Underlying error message: [Data cannot be combined] Section1 / Inquiry1 / AutoRemovedColumns1 access data sources with levels of privacy protection that cannot be used together. Build this data combination again.DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources: [{"kind": "File", "path": "U: El-trains: Helgoland IR4: Train plan xml request and plan.xml"} , { "kind", "Web", "path", "http://something.dk:0000/GetWorkshopPackagesInterface/GetWorkshopPackages?wsdl"}]Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason: PrivacyErrorCluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.netActivity ID: 98b1c2d3-71c7-4a3a-AFAC-02ba24ba72c0Request ID: 8f451ff2-B6AC-312e-533b-1653e94363beTime: 2019-02-07 06: 27: 58Z

thank you for helping

Additionally, We even have premium and pro version in our company, yet we still cannot do on-demand update like lets say every 15 min. I dont understand why this should be such a big issue. All we have is adding columns with option of every 30 min or 1 hr. to update. Do you have any solution on this ?

Hi @Anonymous,

As I see you use POST API request here (because Content parameter is filled). And it is not supported in Power BI Service currently.

You can publish a report to the cloud but you will not be able to update credentials to it and set some refresh policy.

Regards,
Ruslan

@Anonymous,

There is a general idea and you can vote for it - https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13318842-support-post-requests.

Regards,
Ruslan

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors