Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rcalvo
Frequent Visitor

Unable to share dashboard - Power Bi Pro features are being used

Hi,

I am having issues sharing one of my dashboards. When I try to share  one of the dashboards I created, the following message pops up:

"This dashboard contains Power BI Pro content. Only users that have Power BI Pro will have access to it.Learn more"

Seems like the root of the problem is the Refresh Schedule, but I cant figure out exactly what "content" requires Power BI pro.

I currently have a trial version of power bi pro that is expiring in 23 days. I have created three reports and for two of them I was able to schedule refresh on a daily basis. Below screenshots.

I can Share report 1 and 2, but when I try to share report 3 I get the error message above. All datasets have the same number of rows, and for all of them I am using the same Odata conection.

If I disable automatic refresh on the dataset for report 3 the error message disapears.

REPORT 3

image.png

REPORT 2

image.png

REPORT 1

image.png

8 REPLIES 8
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @rcalvo

It appears that you are using the On-Premise or Personal Gateway to refresh your data, and what I have found is that as soon as you enable it for your dataset, it will then prompt you that you are now using Pro features.

Here is a post with more details around what is considered Pro content.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-power-bi-pro-content-what-is-it/ 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks for your quick response @GilbertQ. Unfortunately, I was not able to see your link. (404 Not Found)

As far as I know, I am not using Gateways.

image.png

image.png

Hi @rcalvo

Apolgies here is the working link: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-power-bi-pro-content-what-is-it

And you are indeed correct that you do not have the gateway installed. I wonder if it is because you have put in a time that you want the daily refresh to happen?

What if you remove the time that you want it to refresh?

Power BI Blog

Thanks!

I have removed the "Custom Time" refresh and I am still getting the same message.

Wouldnt solve the problem, but It would help a lot to identify the source of it if Microsoft would tell us what is using power bi content.

image.png

Yes I wonder what else could cause it to be doing this. I am not 100% sure what that is.

And as you mention it would be nice to know, but as @Anonymous mentions from 1 June to Share will require a Pro license, so there will no longer be a requirement to know what is free and what are pro features.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

It should also be worth mentioning that come June 1, any sharing will require Power BI Pro for all viewers and sharers.

Well... thanks for the info @Anonymous.

I had absolutely no Idea about this, and It might be a game changer for our company. Is there an official notice from Microsoft mentioning that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors