Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tvav
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unable to share content/reports even though reports are in Premium Workspace

Hi all,

We are unable to share content/reports even though said reports are in Premium Workspaces.  

We noticed that yesterday, (Dec 11 2019).  Users that have been given "sharing" rights, can no longer share any report like they used to, even though these reports are stored in Premium Workspaces.  The "Share" icon does appear on the top of the report as before, but when they click on it, they get a message that says:

"This feature is only available to users with Power BI Pro licence....Upgrade account..."

Sharing conten with all users is one of the main reasons we subscribed to the Premium service.  And as I said, this used to work fine before.  

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
dethompson97
Resolver III
Resolver III

Have you tried publishing them in an App?  I believe that reports that are published in an App from a workspace that is on premium capacity do not require the user to have a Pro license.   This is one of the big benefits of Premium and is how we do all of our sharing in my company. 

I think if you share in the way you are, the users will need to be a member of the workspace to see the report.  If they are only viewing the report (not editing and contributing content to the workspace) and the workspace is a V2 workspace, you can try to grant them the viewer role in the workspace.

Hope this helps!

Dawn Thompson

PS:  If this solution works, please mark it as a solution to help others. Kudos are nice too.

Thank you, I appreciate the responses!

However, viewing is not a problem.  Suppose the following:

1. PBI report named "TestReport" is saved in a Premium Capacity Workspace called "TestWorkSpace"

2. Two users: "Iam Atest" and "Youre Atest" have PBI free license and can consume premium capacity reports

3. I share the "TestReport" to "Iam Atest" user and give him "Read and reshare" access

4. "Iam Atest" can consume the report no problem.

5. Can "Iam Atest" share the "TestReport" with "Youre Atest"? 

Up until yesterday, this scenario used to work for us. Now, it says that "Iam Atest" needs a PBI Pro license in order to share. 

Even if I make "Iam Atest" an Admin of the workspace, the same issue is reproduce.

Any insights on this would be appreciated

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors