Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to setup Data gateway connection using Always ON secondary SQL data source

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to . Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance."Hide details Activity ID: e3acb3f6-6cd4-ca6d-87ff-c6bdbb8c1c68 Request ID: 27ff2b59-d8dd-b8a3-db3f-e795421fe016 Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net Status code: 400 Error Code: DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode Time: Thu Aug 16 2018 23:58:47 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time) Version: 13.0.6289.161 PowerBI Enterprise Gateway: Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information. Underlying error code: -2147467259 Underlying error message: OLE DB: The target database ('EDW') is in an availability group and is currently accessible for connections when the application intent is set to read only. For more information about application intent, see SQL Server Books Online. Invalid connection string attribute DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259 Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind: OleDb Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath: applicationintent=readonly;database=EDW;provider=SQLOLEDB;server=SINAZEDBS19;'trusted_connection=True Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ErrorCode: -2147467259 Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Message: The target database ('EDW') is in an availability group and is currently accessible for connections when the application intent is set to read only. For more information about application intent, see SQL Server Books Online. Invalid connection string attribute Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: DataSource.Error

5 REPLIES 5
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

wondering if you are aware of this video, it shows how an AG listener can be used to accomplish what you are using:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=Q8Fimh4lcUg

and this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/availability-groups/windows/configure-read-only...

Regards and have a great weekend,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Can you please provide more details in terms of the version of the Gateway you are using?

How do you connect to the data source normally?

Any other details that will help us assist you. When there is just an error message it does not give us a lot to go on.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gateway version version : 14.16.6768.3 (July 2008)

MS SQL Data source - However, the data source is on Always ON - Secondary server

we are unable to configure the SQL data source in the Gateway as a normal dataset. Normally we would need to specify the Additional parameter : ApplicationIntent=ReadOnly to take care of the databases in the Availability Groups. However, we do not have the option to add additional parameters. Kindly suggest or provide the syntax to update the Gateway configuration

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi there Thanks for the additional information. From what I know currently that isn't available. You could possibly configure something via a linked server to create the connection?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors