Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to set Data Source Credentials on Published Paginated Report

Dear All,

I have developed a paginated report linked to Dataverse datasource (working fine on my laptop with Report Builder).

The datasource is embedded into the report as direct query to the Dataverse DB (no PBI dataset deployed).

I have published it a month ago and everything was working perfectly (on a premium capacity, etc...).

Since about one week I'm no longer able to set the Data Source Credentials of the report (section empty into the service), so the report execution result with an error "Cannot connect to the datasource"

AGCOlibee_1-1626791472405.pngAGCOlibee_2-1626791525286.png

I used to have some items in this section where I can enter my oAuth credentials.

Could you please help me to understand what happening (a bug of Power BI service ?) ?

Thank you beforehand.

Olivier

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I finally found the issue.

Their were 2 datasources defined into the report and IT caused a kind of conflict in Power BI Service.

I've removed one of the two, republish the report and I was able to set the ceredentials.

Olivier B.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello, @Anonymous 

I didn’t find the same issue here.

Have you changed the settings of the data source or other settings? Is your gateway version up to date? Have you tried to modify the credential information and privacy level? Can you provide a screenshot of the error in the refresh history?

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I finally found the issue.

Their were 2 datasources defined into the report and IT caused a kind of conflict in Power BI Service.

I've removed one of the two, republish the report and I was able to set the ceredentials.

Olivier B.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors