Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to select a workspace in PowerBI excel plugin after upgrading workspaces

Hello,

We upgraded almost all of our workspaces in PowerBI Service and now when I use the plugin in excel to connect to a powerbi report I only can select the workspace that haven't been upgraded. I just updated my excel plugin but it didn't change anything.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

When you upgrade the App Workspace the Power BI Plug-In for Excel will no longer work.

You have to click on the Analyze in Excel which will download the ODC and allow you to then connect to the dataset of the report.

That is the way to manage and work around the Excel Add-In which is looking to be deprecated at some point.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

When you upgrade the App Workspace the Power BI Plug-In for Excel will no longer work.

You have to click on the Analyze in Excel which will download the ODC and allow you to then connect to the dataset of the report.

That is the way to manage and work around the Excel Add-In which is looking to be deprecated at some point.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors