Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Evelien
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unable to see all updates on Power BI Service after publishing Power BI Desktop file

Hi,

I am working on a Power BI Desktop file, which uses the bookmarks for navigation purposes.

Recently I noticed that the updates I do in Power BI Desktop file are visible in Power BI Desktop, but not in Power BI service, after publishing it.  For instance I deleted a simple line in the file, which is invisible in Desktop, but is still showing in Power BI service.  Also some page filters, which I updated are not visible in Power BI service.  I never experienced this before and since it is the first time I work with bookmarks, I was wondering whether it has something to do with it?  But I would think that whenever it works in Desktop, it should work in the Service, right?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Evelien 

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Evelien,

If I understand your scenario correctly that you create a report with Bookmark and you publish it to Power BI Service, when you do some changes on the report in Power BI Desktop, the report on Power BI Service has not changed as the report on Desktop?

If that is your case, please to check if you could see the update when you republish the report to Power BI Service.

As I know, if you modify on your report which has been published to Power BI Service in Power BI Desktop,the report in Power BI Service won't sync with the report on Power BI Desktop. You need to republih it to Power BI Service.

The Refresh  only for the change of dataset not for the visuals.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is that when I republish it after doing the updates, the updates are not visible (layout elements and data filters).

If I publish the report as a new one (calling it a different name), only then I can see the updates.  But this is not a solution, I cannot share a new link with the people in the organisation every time I do an update to an existing report.

Kind regards,

Evelien

Hi @Evelien,

By my tests, I cannot reproduce this issue in my environment.

Does this issue occur for all your reports or the single one?

If only happens to this one, what is the data source of this report?

I would appreciate it if you could share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that I can have a test on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Are you viewing the reports directly in an App Workspace or in an App?

If it is in an App I would suggest that you update the App to see the changes.

Also possibly clear your browser Cache which I have seen cause issues with updated reports in the past.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors