Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to see Dashboards from users with different domains but same organization

Hi,

My company consists of people with different domains. For example, '@company-A.com' & '@company-B.com'. A dashboard was created by someone from Company A, so people in Company A are able to see the dashboard fine. We are working to get Pro Licenses for everyone. However, there are just a handful of users form company B that are unable to see the shared dashboard and it appears as though they are unable to see the option to obtain a trial license. 

I assume that they had a trial license but did not realise it. When they try a method found on youtube to get a license this is what they see:
"Support for Analysis Services Connector has ended, and databases using this method no longer appear in this list." 

Does this mean their trial period ended or could this be an issue regarding their domain? If the latter, how do I address this issue?

Isra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Whether you share content inside or outside your organization, you and your recipients need a Power BI Pro license, or the content needs to be in a Premium capacity. In your scenario, users in companyB are unable to see the shared dashboard because thery have so pro license.

Power BI Premium introduces expanded licensing flexibility to help organizations equip users with the appropriate level of access to the Power BI service based on their unique needs. For example, many organizations contain users who aren’t actively creating BI content, but require the ability to consume content distributed to them. Power BI Premium enables Power BI Pro users to publish reports broadly across the enterprise and beyond, without requiring recipients to be licensed per user.

Now the users activate the Extended Pro Trial according to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-extended-pro-trial/.

I don't think the error message is relation to pro trial license based on my knowledage. 

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Whether you share content inside or outside your organization, you and your recipients need a Power BI Pro license, or the content needs to be in a Premium capacity. In your scenario, users in companyB are unable to see the shared dashboard because thery have so pro license.

Power BI Premium introduces expanded licensing flexibility to help organizations equip users with the appropriate level of access to the Power BI service based on their unique needs. For example, many organizations contain users who aren’t actively creating BI content, but require the ability to consume content distributed to them. Power BI Premium enables Power BI Pro users to publish reports broadly across the enterprise and beyond, without requiring recipients to be licensed per user.

Now the users activate the Extended Pro Trial according to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-extended-pro-trial/.

I don't think the error message is relation to pro trial license based on my knowledage. 

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors