Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to save when granting Row Level Security

Hi 

Would like to know if any of you are experiencing issue saving when granting row level security?

I am able to add the user into the row but when I click save, it takes forever to save and an error message throws up

jianwei_0-1610961215296.png

Would need help to resolve this soon. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous You can switch that in workspace settings > Premium > Premium capacity.

012503.jpg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm assuming this also affects adding internal users?  Several of us are experiencing the same issue when trying to add internal users.

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous I hope your issue would been resovled by now as it was a technical glitch and Microsoft has already deployed a fix for it.

Power BI customers with premium capacities using Row Level Security may experience issues while adding external guest users (AAD B2B) to roles with the message, "The Role could not be updated. Please try again later". As a workaround, users can move their workspace to Shared, add the external guest user, then move it back to the capacity. Engineers have identified the issue and a fix is expected to be deployed by end-of-day 02/20/2021

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi negi007

I believe the issue is still there. I tried it awhile ago and the error message is still there. 

jianwei_0-1611558449974.png

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

There is an issue with premium capacities using Row Level Security. You may try the suggested workaround below. Support | Microsoft Power BI

012102.jpg

Regards,

Jing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jing

Thank you for the reply. 

Could you share how I can move the workspace to shared and then move it back to the original workspace?

Apologies if its a stupid question

Thanks

@Anonymous You can switch that in workspace settings > Premium > Premium capacity.

012503.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JingZhang 

Thank you for the work around! Have accepted it as a solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  @Anonymous 

Are you using Power BI premium capacity workspace? If yes, then please check below support URL in the awareness section.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

This is a global issue and will get fixed on 19 Jan 2021. You can try the workaround suggested.

Thanks,
Rahul 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors