Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DRodCTO

Unable to save the report

I have created about 10 reports and I am trying to create additional reports and I receive the attached message.  What does this mean.  Need help!

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It indicated that you had 10 reports.  That would have nothing to do with the Dashboard, or the pages within a report.  Just the number of reports listed in the Reports section.

That is actually the first time i've seen a limit listed for the reports section.

This the first time i've seen this limit.  This only is a limit if you are not a Pro user.  Pro users can have more than 10 reports.  I verified this on my end.  The only way you could be a Pro user currently is if you were an existing Power BI for Office 365 subscriber (paid), or signed up for the 60 day Trial for Pro.  Until the GA on Friday.

You can tell you are a Pro user or not by looking at your data cap under the cog icon.  If it shows 1GB you are a Free user.  If it shows 10GB you are a Pro user.

Adam W. Saxton | Microsoft Employee | Business Intelligence
@GuyInACube | youtube.com/guyinacube

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
GuyInACube
Employee
Employee

I looked up the Activity ID and it looks like it was showing that you were over the 10 report count.

Can you clarify this please? This is the first I've heard about any limit. Are we talking about 10 pages in a report, or 10 reports on a dashboard? If there is a page limit on reports, why can I keep adding pages? (I stopped at 75 blank tabs - didn't try saving)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

It indicated that you had 10 reports.  That would have nothing to do with the Dashboard, or the pages within a report.  Just the number of reports listed in the Reports section.

That is actually the first time i've seen a limit listed for the reports section.

This the first time i've seen this limit.  This only is a limit if you are not a Pro user.  Pro users can have more than 10 reports.  I verified this on my end.  The only way you could be a Pro user currently is if you were an existing Power BI for Office 365 subscriber (paid), or signed up for the 60 day Trial for Pro.  Until the GA on Friday.

You can tell you are a Pro user or not by looking at your data cap under the cog icon.  If it shows 1GB you are a Free user.  If it shows 10GB you are a Pro user.

Adam - makes sense, thank you for clearing that up. 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I threw together a quick blog regarding this as well.

Limit of 10 reports for Free Users of Power BI

http://blogs.technet.com/b/powerbisupport/archive/2015/07/22/limit-of-10-reports-for-free-users-of-p...

To circle back on this.  I have clarification that the issue is because you are limited to 10 reports on a given Dataset/Data Model.  It has nothing to do with whether you are a Free or Pro user.

I created an updated blog to reflect this information.

Limit of 10 Reports per Dataset/Data Model

http://blogs.technet.com/b/powerbisupport/archive/2015/07/22/limit-of-10-reports-per-dataset-data-mo...

Clarification Question:

Does this mean that a data model can not have more than 10 reports or dashboards connected to it, OR does it mean a dashboard cannot have more than 10 reports in it?

So if I have an SSAS Tabular connection I can't deploy more than 10 reports of any kind to it?

We just announced an increase to the limit.  From 10 to 200.

Check out the following blog.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powerbi/archive/2015/09/02/power-bi-weekly-service-update-9215.aspx

Hi @Seth_C_Bauer 

I meant the Data capacity limit, check this link: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/pricing

Alaeddin

alaeddin14
Helper I
Helper I

hi @DRodCTO

Not sure, but check out the limitation of the "free" Power BI in the link below, perhaps you're exceeded the limit

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/pricing

Alaeddin

Thanks for the Reply.  I am using Power BI Pro.  Really frustrating!  Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors