Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to resize the Pages pane

I'm not sure if this is a bug or an operational issue - I have a Power BI report with roughly 30 pages, meaning that in the new Pages pane there is a scrollbar. When I mouse over the edge of the pane, the resize arrow appears but as soon as I click, it just scrolls the page list instead. This means that I'm unable to resize it to read the full name of the pages.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the reply

I have submitted this through the ideas section as it is an issue for us. We have many reports that have a lot of pages, and not being able to see the whole page title is frustrating. I think this could be easily implemented by simply shortening the scroll bar slightly and adding a small control to the bottom corner of the Pages pane that is permanently visible. This could be used to click and drag to resize the window (similar to the way that you can resize columns in the MacOS Finder Column view).

Thankyou for your help anyway. For the moment we will simply turn off the "New look" to keep the pages as tabs across the bottom of the report.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

are you able to provide a screenshot?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately it seems that I don't have permission to upload images. How do I get that resolved?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you mean this pane?

Un1.jpg

The function of the arrow on the left is to move page, not resize the page.

The width of the Page name pane will change according to the amount of text.

According to your description, you cannot read the full page name. Does it happen in Power BI Desktop or Power BI Service?

What version of Desktop do you use?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for your reply

No, the image you posted is not what I meant. What I am trying to refer to is item number 1 on this page (vertical list of pages):

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/service-new-look

As you can see from the decription it says: "Resize the vertical pane, or select the double arrows to close it altogether. However, once the number of pages in a report goes over about 20, then the list gains a scroll bar on the right-hand edge of the pane, and it's no longer possible to resize the pane because as soon as you click, the list is scrolled instead.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for that this is by design.

If you want to see the full page name, you need to click the Edit and view at the bottom of the edit pane.

Or you can submit the requirement to ideas and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner : https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the reply

I have submitted this through the ideas section as it is an issue for us. We have many reports that have a lot of pages, and not being able to see the whole page title is frustrating. I think this could be easily implemented by simply shortening the scroll bar slightly and adding a small control to the bottom corner of the Pages pane that is permanently visible. This could be used to click and drag to resize the window (similar to the way that you can resize columns in the MacOS Finder Column view).

Thankyou for your help anyway. For the moment we will simply turn off the "New look" to keep the pages as tabs across the bottom of the report.

Hi @Anonymous ,

You are welcome.

And you can mark your reply as the answer to end this thread.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors