Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prw

Unable to reopen a closed account

I signed up for PowerBI with a free account recently and used for a few weeks.

I then (mistakenly), closed the account due to some mix up issues between my personal and work account (this I believe that PowerBI uses).

The account issues are sorted now, but when I go to create a PowerBI account, using the e-mail address associated with my work account, it states that a licence exists for this account, logs me into the PowerBI app, but then I just get a screen stating that the account is closed.

I've been unable to find any way to reopen the account ?

7 REPLIES 7
Emmysmart

I then discovered a feature isn't working so I closed the account. But when I go to create a PowerBI account, I just get a screen stating that the account is closed.

I've been unable to find any way to reopen the account. Any idea on how I can reopen?

cjg

I have complated all of these steps and can find the link below the owl picture. Unfortunatley, there is no repsonse from the link. Appreciate any thoughts.

prw

I then (mistakenly), closed the account due to some mix up issues between my personal and work account (this I believe that PowerBI uses).

The account issues are sorted now, but when I go to create a PowerBI account, using the e-mail address associated with my work account, it states that a licence exists for this account, logs me into the PowerBI app, but then I just get a screen stating that the account is closed.

I've been unable to find any way to reopen the account ?

Hi @prw,

Please refer to this document. Seems there are two ways to reopen your account.

1. Follow the link of the prompt.

2. Ask your tenant admin to assign a license (could be free type) again.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for reply.

However, neither options appears to be valid for me.

1. Follow the link of the prompt.

When I see the 'account is closed' message on the owl picture, there is no link to reopen the accout as shown in 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-closing-your-account

2. Ask your tenant admin to assign a license (could be free type) again.

Under my account the PowerBI free license is still assigned. It's just when I attempt to login to PowerBI it states 'Account Closed'.

Hi @prw

I faced the same issue as you. Solution is quite simple, when you see the owl picture, zoom in your web brower, you can find the link to reopen your account. Good luck.

Hi @prw,

One suggestion, remove the Power BI free license, log in and then assign the license again. If this can't work, I would suggest you file a support ticket here with a Pro account.

create ATicket

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors