Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vitoridalgo
Frequent Visitor

Unable to render paginated report

Hello,

I am facing the below issue after publish SSRS in power bi premium.

This report use two data sources SQL On premise and analises services on premise too.

Ps.. In report builder it's work fine.

vitoridalgo_0-1606399340212.png

Can Anybody help me ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you very much for sharing the link, it helps a lot!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JimTheBIGuy
Helper I
Helper I

We are using SSAS and SQL Server on premise

vitoridalgo
Frequent Visitor

Hi @JimTheBIGuy ,

What is your data source and data types?

JimTheBIGuy
Helper I
Helper I

We are experiencing the same issue but we are not using spatial types or special datatypes.

Here's the error.

Unable to render paginated report
Query execution failed for dataset 'CreationFiscalYear'.
Activity ID: 621c1737-9e42-11be-b457-2b22727fb491
Request ID: 621c1737-9e42-11be-b457-2b22727fb491
Status code: 400

I'm not seeing a solution.

vitoridalgo
Frequent Visitor

Hi, @v-jingzhang!

Thank you for your support!

In this article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/report-paginated-data-retrieval is mentioned that complex data is not avaible to extract by pbi gateway.

"Because SQL Server is an on-premises data source, Power BI must connect via a gateway. The gateway, however, doesn't support retrieving data for complex data types. Complex data types include built-in types like the GEOMETRY and GEOGRAPHY spatial data types, and hierarchyid. They can also include user-defined types implemented through a class of an assembly in the Microsoft.NET Framework common language runtime (CLR).

Plotting spatial data and analytics in the map visualization requires SQL Server spatial data. Therefore, it's not possible to work with the map visualization when SQL Server is your data source. To be clear, it will work if your data source is Azure SQL Database because Power BI doesn't connect via a gateway."

Thank you very much for sharing the link, it helps a lot!

I looked at the link but this doesn't help. no special datatypes or gps type fields. We have parameters but that is the only unique item I can find.

vitoridalgo
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jingzhang,

I realized that problem is not the map, but the extraction of this data type (geometry), if i remove the map and keep data source the problem continue.

vitoridalgo_0-1607016620184.png

vitoridalgo_1-1607017060203.png

Hi @vitoridalgo , please check if the points in this Troubleshooting article helps.

vitoridalgo
Frequent Visitor

I realized that this is happening due to the construction of a map that uses sql server geometry information. Does Power BI Service support this type of connection? In Power BI On Premise we don't have this problem.

Hi @vitoridalgo 

According to the descriptions in Paginated report scenarios part of this document, the geometry data type should be supported in Power BI paginated report.

113002.jpg

Could you test if removing the map that uses sql server geometry information, will the report be published and rendered successfully?

Additionally, when you say "In Power BI On Premise we don't have this problem.", is it Power BI Desktop or Power BI Report Builder?

References that may be helpful:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/migrate-ssrs-reports-to-power-bi

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports/paginated-reports-save-to-power-bi-servi...

Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Hi @v-jingzhang ,

if we remove the geometry information the report works normally.

In relation of Power BI On premise, i mean local Report Server, but work fine in report builder too.

Hi @vitoridalgo , what type is this map visual? If using other types of map with the same information will this error occur?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors