Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AvPowerBI
Post Patron
Post Patron

Unable to render paginated report - One or more parameters required to run the report have not been

Hi,

We have a number of rdl reports uploaded to the Power BI Service, we've had no issues with these reports and have been running fine for month but today for some reason we are getting the below error message on a few of the reports:

AvPowerBI_0-1593523034075.png

Copy

AvPowerBI_1-1593523034093.png

Any ideas why this has happened all of a sudden? Has there been an update to the Power BI service that has caused the reports to now fail to run? Anywhere I can check the logs that would show me this?

I can run the same rdl reports locally on Visual Studio with no issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FYI ... Today, MS Support confirmed this issue and informed me that a fix in in the works:

• Issue Definition: RDL reports with hidden parameters fails to render with Error as "Unable to render paginated report One or more parameters required to run the report have not been specified".
  • Resolution: Backend team did the investigation and confirmed that they have identified the issue and currently they are working on a fix which is expected to be deployed by 10/2/2020.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hi JulieF, please create a support ticket. Issue here is perhaps related to the one reported by annwallinger but since you are using subscriptions and are not using RDL embedded, the code paths are a bit different and at minimum from product team we will like to verify that your scenario also gets fixed as part of fixing issue reported by annwillinger. Thanks!

rpatkar: Ticket has been created and the ID is 120121525002060. Thank you.

JulieF
Frequent Visitor

rpatkar: We are also seeing what looks like the same issue as annwallinger. Users are receiving errors "There was an error with your subscription... Report Processing error... One or more parameters required to run the report have not been specified..." These messages list different paramters (not always the same parameter that is missing). These happen to subscriptions that ran successfully for a time and suddenly to not run. Other subscriptions without changes to the reports. We also use hidden parameters and cascading prompts. We are seeing this on multiple different reports. I am happy to create a support ticket if this is different.

JulieF
Frequent Visitor

All: We are still seeing this - is there a plan to address this?

hi JulieF, team is currently working on issue reported by annwallinger. Are you seeing same issue? i.e. issue when using hidden parameters AND cascading parameters on the URL? If it's a different issue then please open a support ticket with Microsoft as will need to gather diagnostic information. Thanks!

JulieF
Frequent Visitor

We are also seeing issues - the same issues with report. We are conducting a number of tests to see if we can narrow it down before submitting a ticket. Same error messages as above). 

I narrowed it down to determine that if you pass the parameter on the URL and then you have ANY cascading parameters (even not related to the hidden one) that cause a parameter update, the hidden url parameter gets dropped. I have a case open and MSFT has been able to reproduce the error and is working on it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the same error. We are using hidden parameters in our reports.

Unable to render paginated report
One or more parameters required to run the report have not been specified.
Activity ID: 2d2b6cd2-43e9-cf5a-de25-da8a19c35ab8
Request ID: 2d2b6cd2-43e9-cf5a-de25-da8a19c35ab8
Correlation ID: 43be0dbfc2f448afa5fe2beac4eb75d1
Status code: 200
Time: Tue Sep 22 2020 12:05:01 GMT+0300 (Moscow Standard Time)
Cluster URI: https://eastus2.pbidedicated.windows.net/webapi/capacities/6E1C173C-FF5D-40F8-846B-1874B13482BA/work...

khregs
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same issue manifested for me today. Was this ever resolved and explained?

Thanks,

Craig

hi Craig,

Please provide the request Id from error dialog and answers to the 3 questions I posted above. This will help me investigate better. Thanks!

Thanks @rpatkar 

Here is an example of the error:

Unable to render paginated report
One or more parameters required to run the report have not been specified.
Activity ID: 21623694-c49a-4490-5377-323470e8f835
Request ID: 21623694-c49a-4490-5377-323470e8f835
Correlation ID: 488b03d4f1254b02972338b0d5ef80b6
Status code: 200
Time: Mon Sep 21 2020 09:43:31 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Cluster URI: https://canadacentral.pbidedicated.windows.net/webapi/capacities/356362E6-A553-4E04-852D-8034A69784C...

As for the questions ... 

1. No, I have not opened a support ticket yet. Thought I'd check on this thread first to see if there was a DIY resolution.
  2. It's a bit complicated and ties in with Q3.-- see explanation below.
  3. Yes, the report uses a hidden parameter to control data security (RLS).

Explantions for #2 & 3:

• The report is embedded in a web app (app owns data) which is where the error message appears. The embedding app passes a value to the hidden parameter to restrict the data displayed (RLS).
  • The report renders without error when opened in Report Builder, and in the Power BI Service only if the hidden parameter is unhidden (report is not usable in Power BI Service otherwise because it doesn't have the hidden parameter value there).
  • The data source is an Azure SQL database in the same subscription/tenant. No gateway needed.

No changes were made to the report or data source. Users started reporting the error early this morning (EDT).

If there is no simple resolution, I can log this same information to a support ticket.

Thanks,
Craig

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the same problem. It all started today and has pretty much the same approach to paginated reports and RLS. I have oppened a support ticket but no answer yet. I'll let you now if i get any solution for the problem. 

/Nick

hi Craig and Nick,

We have identified an issue with using hidden parameters. This scenario regressed with most recent deployment and we are working on fixing the issue. For your scenarios, did you pass the hidden parameter through URL from web appt to the embedded paginated report? Please do file a support case to ensure timely communication regarding the fix.

Thanks,

Rohit

Hi @rpatkar,

Yes, we are passing the hidden parameter value via URL.

I filed a support case for this yesterday (#120092124008667). The agent I spoke to followed up overnight to say that he had escalated the issue to the backend engineering team.

Thanks,
Craig

FYI ... Today, MS Support confirmed this issue and informed me that a fix in in the works:

• Issue Definition: RDL reports with hidden parameters fails to render with Error as "Unable to render paginated report One or more parameters required to run the report have not been specified".
  • Resolution: Backend team did the investigation and confirmed that they have identified the issue and currently they are working on a fix which is expected to be deployed by 10/2/2020.

Do you know if this fix was ever implemented? We are currently seeing what looks like the same issue. 

hi nmoren, this particular thread has had multiple different issues being discussed, some with subscriptions, some with embedded, some with URL parameter passing. I'd suggest you to either get in touch with customer support for faster traction or start a new item on the forum providing details like your scenario and requestId from the failure message. Thanks.

JulieF
Frequent Visitor

Is anyone aware if this fix went into Production? If so, must users recreate their subscriptions now? We are still receiving error messages on our old/existing subscriptions.

@JulieF Yes, paginated reports with hidden parameters should work properly again as of Oct. 3. I don't know about needing to recreate subscriptions.

This issue does not appear to be fixed. We still cannot set a parameter in a paginated report unless we change it from hidden to visible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors