Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to refresh unpivoted tables

Hi!

I have a table where the source is a Dataflow.

I have made som changes to names of fields and formatted some fields as date in my Power BI app. I am able to load the table into my Power BI report without any problems. I can also refresh the published app with only this one table.

I have then create new tables which reference the transformed table and "Unpivot all other columns". The only steps in the unpivoted tables are unpiovoting, and chaning the name of the "Attribute" column. I am able to refresh the data in the desktop application. When I try to refresh the published app via the service/scheduled refresh I get the following message:

Data source error: Not a legal OleAut date.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action. Table: Unpivoted Order No.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-D-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 906c262a-e1b0-44e2-9531-538418704090
Request ID: 8772c6b1-bffd-3b08-6a11-43dfc24c3df6
Time: 2022-08-07 09:11:58Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

Based on the "Not a legal OleAut date" error message, I would check that there are no dates before 1900 in any date columns you might have in the Unpivoted Order No table.

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

Based on the "Not a legal OleAut date" error message, I would check that there are no dates before 1900 in any date columns you might have in the Unpivoted Order No table.

1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals
Anonymous
Not applicable

Such a basic mistake - yes - one of many date columns had a couple of wrong entries. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me! Finally I can move on!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That sounds like an unrelated error.  Can you successfully refresh without these transforms?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that is what is so strange!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can refresh it on my desktop before I publish it without any problems.

If you consume the dataflow as it is, without any transforms, can you refresh the result on the service?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors