Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

samxitij
Frequent Visitor

Unable to refresh the model (id=XXXXX) because it references an unsupported data source

I am having issue with refresh in service. I am pulling Azure DF REST API data throught PowerBI. At Power BI Desktop it works completely fine and refresh. But at service when I do refresh now its says "Unable to refresh the model (id=566289) because it references an unsupported data source" and at schedule refresh it says "You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because one or more sources currently don't support refresh.". Let me know if anybody has faced issue like this or any solution.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @samxitij,

You cannot schedule refresh for this dataset because it gets data from sources that currently don’t support refresh.

This happens when the data source you used, within Power BI Desktop, isn’t supported for refresh. You will need to find the data source that you are using and compare that against the list of supported data sources at Refresh data in Power BI. For more details about troubleshooting unsupported data source for refresh, you can refer to this article. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors