Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to refresh the data from Web URL in power bi published report.

Error.PNG

Hello Guys, 

I am getting the above error while refreshing my dataset in power bi service. My report is not fatching data from the web URL.

Everything looks good in Power bi desktop but data is not updating in published dashboard. 

Can anyone help me on this. 

regards
sandeep singh 

Here is the details of the error: 

Error msg:
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

• Data source errorWe're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.;The system cannot find the file specified The system cannot find the file specified The system cannot find the file specified The system cannot find the file specified The system cannot find the file specified The system cannot find the file specified The system cannot find the file specified The system cannot find the file specified The system cannot find the file specified. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: Corona Virus.
  • Cluster URIWABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
  • Activity IDf15987d0-a7e2-45b2-b508-af092c697480
  • Request ID82a4f25e-2b5c-3050-0171-8877f74f5b5a

Time2020-03-13 10:44:16Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have managed to solve the issue on my end. 

Just as I suspected, the newly released May update contained the change introduced earlier into the engine, that the service uses and it stopped refreshing the desktop as well.

On my end it was "reached end of the buffer" problem. I believe they have silently introduced a limit on how much data the Web.Contents function can receive. 

I've solved this by decreasing page size when obtaining data from Web API

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
christianjohan
Frequent Visitor

I have managed to solve the issue on my end. 

Just as I suspected, the newly released May update contained the change introduced earlier into the engine, that the service uses and it stopped refreshing the desktop as well.

On my end it was "reached end of the buffer" problem. I believe they have silently introduced a limit on how much data the Web.Contents function can receive. 

I've solved this by decreasing page size when obtaining data from Web API

jpierzchala
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am getting the same error with a report that used to refresh without problems. No changes and then suddenly this. My guess would be something changed in the service engine as PowerBI desktop refreshes the report without problems

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Can you please share some detail information to help us clarify your scenario? It will be helpful for troubleshooting.

For example:

Data source type, connection mode and credentials configuration, advanced operation in query steps...

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I could be mistaken, but I'm fairly sure that the issue is that "The system cannot find the file specified", 🙂

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors