Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Saaharjit
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to refresh dataset from excel

Hi,

I using Excel to connect to a dataset on powerbi. The computer on which i created the file is able to refresh the dataset from excel. But if i open the same excel file on a different computer and try to refresh the data it asks me for my login credentials and when i sign in it gives me this error message. I tried to sign in with different credential, which also has read/write access to the dataset and i still get the same error message.

Capture.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Saaharjit ,

Can you please share more detailed information for your scenario? I test to pin excel contents to group workspace, share to my colleagues to update it, it works well.

Did you means use 'my workspace' contents to create report and send to other device with another account to update?  I don't think it is possible, you can only use your own account to update pinned tiles from personal workspace.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

I am not pining my excel onto BI. I am pulling a dataset from BI to Excel using the "Connect to Dataset" option from the PowerBi addon tab. This works fine on the computer i created the exccel file on but if i try using the same excel file on my laptop i am not able to refresh the dataset when i click "Refresh all" button on excel. It'll ask me for my credentials and then give the above error message when i enter my details. This is happening with everyone who's trying to access this file. 

HI @Saaharjit,

What version of excel you test? 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msftExcel 2013

Hi @Saaharjit,

I test on office 365 proplus version 1809 and I can't reproduce this issue. I'm not so sure if this issue is related to plug-in compatibility issue between different version of excel.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you contact plugin author to report this.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors