Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nirman
Advocate II
Advocate II

Unable to refresh data for reports based on on-premise database (Gateway not working)

Hi,

I have created some reports which are referencing to the on-premise SQL Server database via Power BI gateway. I have created a refresh schedule for all these reports.

The reports were refreshing correctly till recently, but somehow the reports are now not refreshing now. I tried to investigate for the issue, and as a first step I verified and confirmed Gateway was still up and running. But when I tried to check the refresh schedule of the reports, I found the controls in "Gateway Connection" tab are stuck and not responding. This is happening for all existing reports, as well as I tried creating a new report and still it was showing the same. It doesn't proceed even after waiting for half an hour.

Please see the screenshot.

Could you please assist as early as possible?

Thanks

Nirman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Uninstall and reinstall the gateway. I had to do this before. Be sure you remove it from the control panel completely before reinstallation.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nirman
Advocate II
Advocate II

Any idea or help on this issue? This issue makes the product of no use for us honestly. We are unable to refresh (manual as well as scheduled) any report at all.!!!

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Uninstall and reinstall the gateway. I had to do this before. Be sure you remove it from the control panel completely before reinstallation.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Strange! but this worked. Earlier, I upgraded the Power BI gateway which didn't work. Un-installing and re-installing did the trick. Thanks kcantor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could try restarting the server/service where the gateway is installed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors