Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

krmplt
Frequent Visitor

Unable to refresh access database

Hello everyone,

I have a .accdb file that contains data for a report hosted in the powerbi service. however, I am encountering an issue where when i press refresh it gives me the following error:

error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Microsoft Access: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read 

On my machine i have Microsft office 2010 32-bit installed, as well as the 32 bit version on power bi desktop. I have also installed the 32-bit Microsoft Access Engine so I am unsure as to why the error states that it need the 64-bit version.

Has anyone got any ideas for a possible fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
krmplt
Frequent Visitor

Just wanted to give an update on this. We upgraded the version of Microsoft Office we were using to 64 bit and it's working fine,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
krmplt
Frequent Visitor

Just wanted to give an update on this. We upgraded the version of Microsoft Office we were using to 64 bit and it's working fine,

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @krmplt 

You have a look this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-access-database-errors

or

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/64-bit-power-bi-desktop-32-bit-office-can-do/

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Power BI service and gateway runs on 64 bit

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors