Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to refresh Devops Analytical view from service

HI, 

I am using Azure Devops(Board Only) and accessing Analytical view created in Azure Devops.

I am able to access and refresh the data from Desktop without any issues. However, after publishing the report in PowerBI service the refresh is failed with error "Failed to updae data source credentials...".

I am using the same credentials in PowerBI Desktop as well as Service, but refresh is failing in Service but working fine in Desktop.

Please find the screenshot attached.

Swarupa_0-1632754271725.png

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please click the "Show details" to get more information.

You may refer to this official document :

Analytics permissions and security - Azure DevOps | Microsoft Docs

Learn about Power BI integration and supported connections methods - Azure DevOps | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @v-eqin-msft , 

Show details did not provide much information as below.  I have already referred the links provided while consuming the ADO analytical views, and I have successfully connected and refreshed from PowerBI desktop. But I am facing issue while connecting from PowerBI service. 

Swarupa_0-1633339950166.png

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please unticked 'Skip test connection' and have a try again.

Eyelyn9_0-1632965130549.png

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-eqin-msft , Thank you for the response. But, I couldn't see the option, seen in image below.

Swarupa_0-1632996864185.png

Thanks & Regards,

Swarupa.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors