Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to publish to certain workspace after connecting to a live PowerBI data set

Hey everyone!

I am in the process of consolidating our data sets so that similar reports will only connect to one data set (the reports I inherited have one data set for each report).

However, when I connect an existing report to the new PowerBI Data set and try to publish it, I could not see some existing workspaces that I would otherwise see when I am publishing a report with the local query built into it.

I tried to upload the file on the PBI Services but got an error, too. The only workaround I have seen thus far is to create a new workspace and transfer all of my content there. Help! 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous  make sure in Tenant settings  "Use datasets across workspaces" is Enabled for you or for entire organization.

arvindsingh802_0-1624547385649.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous  make sure in Tenant settings  "Use datasets across workspaces" is Enabled for you or for entire organization.

arvindsingh802_0-1624547385649.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Arvind,

This setting is akready enabled, but yet I still cannot see the workspaces I need to access..

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors