Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Nishantjain
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Unable to publish report to App using Shared dataset

Hi, 

I am really excited about the brilliant new Shared Dataset feature. I have started to roll it out to my stakeholders but I have noticed something which doesn't make sense.

I have 2 workspaces: 1 workspace with the shared dataset (workspace 1) and another (workspace 2) with the report based on the shared datasets. 

I am the admin in both workspaces but user 1 is only admin in workspace 2

User 2 was able to create and amend the report in workspace 2 but they are unable to publish the report to the App.  The "publish to App" toggle is greyed out for User 2.

user 2 viewuser 2 view

But I can publish the report in the App of workspace 2 successfully and the toggle is not greyed out for me.

my viewmy view

But I can publish the report in the App of workspace 2 successfully and the toggle is not greyed out for me. 

I hope this is a bug. If the users can't published reports based on shared datasets, we are really limited with what we can do. 

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nishantjain

It's the limitation listed in this document

• If you want to add a report based on a shared dataset to an app, you have to be a member of the dataset workspace. This is a known issue.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Quiyun, that makes sense. Apologies for not going through the document in detail. There is a lot there. 

Regarding this being a known issue, are we expecting this to be fixed in the near future (assuming this is being treated as a bug) or this is going to stay this way in the near future (assuming this is by design)

Thanks

Nishant

kevhav
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@v-qiuyu-msft , we are having this same issue, and I am wondering the same thing:

1. Are you able to confirm that as a "known issue," this is something that is going to be "fixed?"

2. If so, do you have any approximate ETA for when it will be fixed?

Thanks!

kevhav
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Also, everyone else: please go here and vote for the "idea" to make this fix.

Nishantjain
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Additional info:

Both workspaces are "New Workspaces" and are on Premium Capacity 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors