Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emirozc

Unable to open reports - Stuck on Almost Done

Hello,

I can't open my reports on powerbi.com since yesterday. When I try to open any report that linked to my dataset, it got stuck on Almost Done - and stays Almost Done. I didn't change or republish my dataset prior to this problem.

Since this problem occurred, my scheduled refreshes on dataset is also broken down - it says refresh taking too long - more than 120 mins.

I have checked gateway status on powerbi.com - it says good to go, so no problems there.

I have successfully refreshed my dataset on PBI desktop and tried to publish again but it said "publishing is complete. However we couldn't refresh your dataset". I have tried solutions that were suggested to this problem - clearing cache, deactivating Q&A but still problem persist.

Can you help me with this problem?

Thanks,

Emir

5 REPLIES 5
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Is your workspace is premium 
If Yes - then go through its performance metrics as this happens due to over utilization of resources (RAM & CPU) and reports has to wait for resources to be available.

If Not - then upgrade your workspace to V2
Power BI customers opening apps in V1 workspaces may experience the apps not progressing beyond, "Building your app…." Engineers have identified the issue and a fix is being rolled out which is expected to complete by 10/31/2021 end of business hours.
Support | Microsoft Power BI

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

These get resolved on their own as we have seen! Sometimes a heavy download or refresh is going on in your tenant requested from another user and that somehow impacts the other user too. So I check with others or look at my scheduled refreshes. I have noticed this but really not sure of the technical reason here! Possibly someone from MS/community helpers answer that.

HashamNiaz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi !

Try publishing your report in new Workspace. The problem seems specific to the workspace.

Regards,

Hasham

I don't think it is related to workspace. As when it is happened, all reports across several workspaces are stuck on Almost done status.

@HashamNiaz , I'm facing a similar problem at the moment. Since changing to another workspace asks for some effort I'd like to avoid it and wonder why a workspace change should solve such problem. Is there a way to check if it's caused by the workspace?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors