Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to manage permission

Hello everyone

I encountered a problem with managing access of a member in Power BI service.

This member cannot successfully access to my report (always show "Almost Done")

In addition, when I tried to manage his access/permission ("report" > "share" > "Manage Permissions"), the panel does not allow me to do that. (The check box is gray and ellipsis is not there. Please refer to the screenshot below.)

As far as I know, this member does not have Power BI Pro installed but this should not be the root cause?

Please help, thank you in advance! 

permission.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi rlee1982,

You could see in the image, the user whose permission can't be managed is owner.  I think this is by design which preventing users from deleting other users reports. If you want to manage this user, you need to change this(delete this from owner) in 0365. You could refer to Manage your app workspace in Power BI and Office 365 and Change Workspace Admin for detail.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zoe

I refer to the first hyper link and found the premission column of that "owner" actually shows " Member"

member.JPG 

(Admin is me and contributors are two other colleagues )

Is it relevant to my question?

Actually, when this owner downloaded Power BI professional yesterday, the log in problem is solved. 

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors