Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to login to Power BI Service in Chrome after clearing cache and cookies

Hi, 

I am unable to login to the Service after I have cleared cache and cookies from Chrome. I am using the latest version of Chrome Version 67.0.3396.87. I have read some previous posts that people had resolved similar issues by clearing cache and cookies. For me it's the opposite - once I cleared them, I was not able to access Power BI Service via Chrome.

I am getting the following message.

This page isn’t working

app.powerbi.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Thanks,
Izolda
11 REPLIES 11
pdacheva
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hey guys,

Any update on this? Have you been able to understand what's the solution for this. I cleared my Chrome cache and now I'm not able to login the Power BU app. 

Thanks in advance!

Posting a video that solves the issue in case someone else needs to fix this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v03wlFjGLCg

Thank you for this link.  It resolved this issue for me today with D365 CE.

Thanks for sharing this...I have been struggling to get it fixed for some time now...Finally your suggested solution worked

Cheers

Thank you for posting that video - you saved me a lot of frustration.

mkrienke
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue. I cleared cache and cookies in Chrome and afterwards am unable to log into the PBI Service.  Upon clicking the Login button, I get the following page.  I'm able to publish reports from PBI desktop and access the PBI service through other browsers.  How is this resolved?

This page isn’t working

app.powerbi.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Actually, it still works on my side. Have you try to restart your browser or test with other web browsers?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I've tried above steps and no change. In Chrome I get the "page not working" HTTP Error 500 but in Edge I get "Sorry, we couldn't find that repot" in both browsers I am able to open it if I use Private/Incognito mode.  I've cleared Cache, cookes, restarted browser and machine multiple times since this started happening. None solve the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I tried all browsers and it works in IE and in Chrome in Incognito mode. I would prefer not to access the PBI Service in those though. I am working with their support on fixing the issue. It doesn't appear that it is a quick fix since I am experiencing other issues with Power BI Service.

HI @Anonymous,

Based on your description, I think it more related to cache data or account authorization.

Please try to clean up cache files and cookie for power bi service site and try again.

Regards.

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxing,

I actually did that, i cleared all cache and cookies, and after that I was not able to log into Power BI Service for a day. It was possible only via the incognito chrome mode. Now I am able to log in and I am working with PBI support on mending the issue.

Thanks for your response.

izolda

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors