Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

maserr
Helper IV
Helper IV

Unable to log in in Desktop

Hi there,

I haven't been able to Sign in on Power BI desktop for several hours so I am not able to publish my reports on the service. At the same time, when trying to access to app.powerbi.com I neither can access so I have to navigate using some URL stored on my browser. There is something happening with the IP: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Is anyone finding the same issue?

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Found this:

Power BI customers using Desktop version older than February 2020 may see a message saying "Sorry, but we're having trouble signing you in. AADSTS50011: The reply URL specified in the request does not match the reply URLs configured for the application" when attempting to sign in. To resolve this issue customers should upgrade to the latest version of the Power BI Desktop client.

Power BI customers with older browser versions may encounter issues signing in to the service, please make sure you are using the latest version. Power BI supported list of browsers is documented at Link. Due to a known incompatibility bug in WebKit Link, Safari users on MacOS 10.14 or iOS12 may experience similar issues. This bug is resolved with MacOS 10.15 and iOS 13.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Found this:

Power BI customers using Desktop version older than February 2020 may see a message saying "Sorry, but we're having trouble signing you in. AADSTS50011: The reply URL specified in the request does not match the reply URLs configured for the application" when attempting to sign in. To resolve this issue customers should upgrade to the latest version of the Power BI Desktop client.

Power BI customers with older browser versions may encounter issues signing in to the service, please make sure you are using the latest version. Power BI supported list of browsers is documented at Link. Due to a known incompatibility bug in WebKit Link, Safari users on MacOS 10.14 or iOS12 may experience similar issues. This bug is resolved with MacOS 10.15 and iOS 13.

Latest book!:

Thanks a lot Greg! The solution has been as easy as updating my browser...! So I am already able to publish reports and navigate throw app.powerbi.com

Nice!

Latest book!:

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Latest book!:

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

So when you go here:
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/

And click Sign-In, what happens?

I am not seeing any kind of similar issue.

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors