Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anaplex
Frequent Visitor

Unable to log Power BI Admin Center with Power BI Pro Account

When I try to access the Power BI Admin Center getting the messgage that I am unable to access this as I am a free trial user even though I am paying for Power BI licence.

Why isn't the Power BI Licence been recognised by the system?

5 REPLIES 5
AdamWilson
Employee
Employee

Hi,

The Power BI Admin Center provides administrative controls for the Power BI for Office 365 experience.

The new Power BI experience does not make use of the admin center, which is the reason why Power BI Pro licenses are not valid when accessing it.

If you are looking for additional usage statistics and reporting for Power BI, it would be great to get your feedback on exactly what you're looking for on this topic in our idea forum:

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/8191491-power-bi-usage-statistics

Adam

Hi Adam

As a side topic of the Admin Centre. Is it actually something that is needed to sync data? The gateway seems to suggest it is no longer needed but when you read pages on the admin centre it still seems valid? I can also no login to it but am wondering if it is actually needed to be able to refresh datasets from remote sources?

The admin center isn't required to refresh data in the new Power BI.

Thanks Adam.

I added this to the post but thought it would be good to post it here too so that others can add to the list

Data set refresh stats (how often, amount of data pulled from on premise, Azure, etc.), User access, new reports (or report create date for all reports), same for dashboards...

- List all data sources and then consuming datasets so we can see redundancy of datasets.

-failed logins

- Failed data set refreshes with reasons

-list of all gateways status and all pertinent stats

-lineage reports (what datasets are used by what reports and dashboards), same for reports

-Content pack stats, how many are deployed and by who, what the consumption is, how much was personalized

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors