Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NILU090
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to find security option power bi services

Hi Team,

Wanted a quick help. I have published the dashboard on power bi services.
however i want to restrict users to view it but unablt to find the "SECUTIRY" option in list. 

Does it disabled for me.

1 more query, i have created only 1 role (for 2 employee). so any other user aprt from these 2 mentioned, will they able to see anything in dashboard or filter or anything. I dont want to view dashboard anyone aprt form 2 employee

please help me on this.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
NILU090
Helper I
Helper I

I dont want to view dashbord contents to anyone except 2 employee.

I want to show all department to those 2 employee. Other wise nothing should display.

how to write role for this ?

Hi! @NILU090 

I am not sure what your data looks like. But you can follow the doc to understand how to apply the RLS.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-admin-rls

Also, if you want to show all departments to only 2 employees then share the dashboard only with them and not others. This way you don't have to create RLS as well.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

I mean, we are planning to publish dashbaord for 100+ people but for testing purpose, we are restricting it. Later will add everyone for this dashboard.

But right now is concern is we dont want to show anyone except 2..

If you are talking about only 2 at the moment then you can share them with them individually. For sharing It with multiple people, you need to use RLS on your reports to restrict the data and you can do that testing within the Power BI desktop to be sure that no one else sees the whole report.
You can follow the below docs to start.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-rls

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-admin-rls

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi! @NILU090 

RLS will work as per your report and will flow into the Dashboard. If you've given correct roles in Desktop then no one apart from the 2 employees can see the data.

Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors