Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jjoyce0425
Advocate III
Advocate III

Unable to export to excel

Hello,

Multiple users have been trying to export a matrix visual to Excel. Sometimes, the data does not export successfully; they will see "Exporting Data" in the top right of their screen for a while and then it will disappear and nothing is downloaded. Other times, it works as expected. I know there are row limitations with exporting data from Power BI online but could anyone tell me if there are also premium capacity limitations? Could we not be able to export due to our capacity being overloaded? Or could it be due to another issue? Has anyone else seen this and been able to resolve it?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @jjoyce0425 

If you try to use another browser to see if it works well.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

It could well be due to the capacity being overloaded.

I would chat to your Power BI Admin and have a look at the Premium metrics App and see what the capacity was doing at the times of the exports. That will help show you where the issue is.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors