Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lnoguera
Frequent Visitor

Unable to embed paginated reports

Hello community, I have been following the official documentation to embed power bi reports into a .net core web application and I´ve found a problem when embedding paginated reports.

Note that the access token and embed token are being generated correctly (using service principal ) and dashboard style (.pbix) reports get embedded and rendered perfectly well, but whenever I try to embed an rdl report I get the following error (image attached). Also note that the paginated reports work well in the power bi app, the problem is only when I try to embed it in my web app.

Also note that this error happens even when I try to embed a paginated report with no data access at all but just some text.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? if so, I appreciate any help.

RDLError.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lnoguera
Frequent Visitor

It looks like it was an issue related to the capacity and the SKU we had. Embedding Paginated Reports on Generation 1 required at least an A4 SKU and with Gen 2 we can embed paginated reports from A1 SKU onwards. Once we upgraded to Power BI Embedded Generation 2 the problem dissappeared.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lnoguera
Frequent Visitor

It looks like it was an issue related to the capacity and the SKU we had. Embedding Paginated Reports on Generation 1 required at least an A4 SKU and with Gen 2 we can embed paginated reports from A1 SKU onwards. Once we upgraded to Power BI Embedded Generation 2 the problem dissappeared.

lnoguera
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @lbendlin , it was helpful.

When I run this command chrome.exe --user-data-dir="C:/Chrome dev session" --disable-web-security and open the report in the browser tab that this command opens, the report get rendered well. However this is not a fix for production, so now I´m wondering how to solve this without having to run the command every time a user wants to see the reports. 

If I need to allow CORS in the backend or add the origin to the whitelist, where should I do that? is it in the Azure AD Application that is used to access the power bi rest API´s or where?

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lnoguera ,

Check whether below thread helps:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Paginated-Reports-an-unexpected-error/td-p/564351

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors