Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to embed paginaged report in Power BI Embed Gen2

Hello, We are trying out the PowerBI Embedded Gen2 for paginated reports and embed it for our customers. We use A1 SKU for that. I have tested a dummy non-paginaged report, and it embeded fine (using the app owns data sample solution) , to make sure my workspace it set up correctly. When I tried to embed a paginated report (which does not have shared data and it is rdl), the web application gets embedded parameters fine, but the display errored out. the message is Failed to load resource with 401 status (as displayed below). Can someone help? Is there a limitation of Gen2 for paginated reports embedded for your customer, for example, you have to share data as well? Thank you so much!

I also tried to embed the invoice sample from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports/paginated-reports-samples and I got the same error. 

{message: "PowerBINotAuthorizedException", detailedMessage: "Get report failed", errorCode: "401", level: 6, technicalDetails: {…}}
detailedMessage: "Get report failed"
errorCode: "401"
level: 6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

SO I found out that on the client side, we should not use bootstrap when embedding paginated reports, once I commented out the powerbi.bootstrap, the reports showed up. But I am so confused why it gave me 401 error.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

SO I found out that on the client side, we should not use bootstrap when embedding paginated reports, once I commented out the powerbi.bootstrap, the reports showed up. But I am so confused why it gave me 401 error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors