Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to edit Dataflow

Last week, I was unable to open my dataflows without a "Something went wrong" error. Today, when I finally got in and fixed the error that was causing my dataflow to fail (extra columns were added to my source sheet and were untyped), I was unable to save & close.

When I click Save & Close, Power BI tries to validate the output schema for about 5 minutes and then returns "Something Went Wrong" error. How can I resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'd like to suggest you copy these formulas and executed them on the power bi desktop side to confirm if this issue only existed on dataflow entities.
AFAIK, dataflow entities are hosted on power query online editor and it has more limitations than desktop. (query editor online limits, data security, and policy limits, query functions usage limits...)

BTW, '500' usually more related to the server. Please also check your database settings and block lists if they blocked power bi requests.

Add Power BI URLs to your allow list 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'd like to suggest you copy these formulas and executed them on the power bi desktop side to confirm if this issue only existed on dataflow entities.
AFAIK, dataflow entities are hosted on power query online editor and it has more limitations than desktop. (query editor online limits, data security, and policy limits, query functions usage limits...)

BTW, '500' usually more related to the server. Please also check your database settings and block lists if they blocked power bi requests.

Add Power BI URLs to your allow list 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reset the PBI Tenet and was able to refresh the dataflow successfully. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Activity ID: 2220d789-ea9a-4bb5-9dbc-487a071771d6 Request ID: c287c7af-7247-b571-bc94-ece8f78b7746 Correlation ID: 7240a153-e1ed-75f5-687b-37d9dbc25a7a Status code: 500 Time: Mon Nov 16 2020 14:47:29 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time) Service version: 13.0.14742.69 Client version: 2011.2.03746-train Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-central-a-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors