Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to download pbix report connected live to a dataset with incremental refresh enabled.

Hello guys,

This is the error I'm getting, even when the error says "This dataset", what I'm trying to download is a report, not a dataset:
PBI ErrorPBI Error

I know you can't download a dataset with incremental refresh enabled as it is told in the documentation:

DocumentationDocumentation

It doesn't say anything about downloading reports connected to datasets with incremental refresh anywhere, but there is an idea created by a Microsoft Employee saying there actually is that limitation:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Custom-Visuals-Ideas/Enable-Download-pbix-file-for-Incremental-Refr...

Can you guys clarify to me if that's right and we can't download reports connected live to datasets with incremental refresh?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

As of now, you can't download report connected live to dataset with incremental refresh. This is still a limitation.

You can vote for the idea you posted.

You can also confirm this from MS support by rasing a support request here but i guess they will also convey the same message that it is a limitation.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

As of now, you can't download report connected live to dataset with incremental refresh. This is still a limitation.

You can vote for the idea you posted.

You can also confirm this from MS support by rasing a support request here but i guess they will also convey the same message that it is a limitation.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Anand24 

I already had a chat with the support guys and told me just that but since they referred me to the documentation and  I couldn't find anything related to reports I just wanted to check with other users to see if they had the same "problem", thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors