Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Namkce
Advocate III
Advocate III

Unable to download latest version of Power BI On-Premises Data Gateway

I am unable to download the latest version of the Power BI On-Premises Data Gateway from the microsoft download portal.

Basically, our on-premises data gateway version is currently 3000.8.452, but the new version is 3000.9.194 as reported by the following link:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53127 

However, when I attempt to download the newest version, I'm given the old 3000.8.452 version instead.  Even when I open up the on-premises data gateway application on our server and click the download link for the new version, I still get the OLD VERSION.  I know it's the old version because the old version is 186 MB, while the new version is reported to be 192 MB. 

Clicking the download link takes me to a download page containing info about the new version, but the file provided is for the old version.Clicking the download link takes me to a download page containing info about the new version, but the file provided is for the old version.

Can someone at microsoft PLEASE fix or update the file that is being delivered on the download portal????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Namkce

Based on my test, the installer provided here is the version 3000.9.194 now. Please test again on your side. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Namkce

Based on my test, the installer provided here is the version 3000.9.194 now. Please test again on your side. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft 

After waiting for the conclusion of the weekend, the correct file is provided.  I guess it took time for the CDN to propangate the change.  It was rather frustrating on Friday, but all good today (Monday).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors