Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xli53051
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to delete recently created workspace because "Edit workspace" is not available.

Hello,

I am unable to delete recently created workspace because "Edit workspace" is not available. I have "Edit workspace" option for other workspaces created earlier when click on the "..." next to the workspace. Can you help?

Thanks,

Xin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The workspace I created is V2 workspace. That's why there are only two options.

To delete the workspace, click on the "..." next to the workspace, click "Workspace settings". There is a "Delete workspace" button at the bottom left of the pop up window. For some reason I did not see it before.

Thanks,

Xin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @xli53051 ,

Please check it with your PowerBI Service Administartor if they have removed your edit permission on this workspace.

Best Regards,

Teige

Teige,

Thank you for your response. I did not have the options right after I created the new workspace. No one knows I created the workspace yet.

Just to test, our administrator added me as a service administrator. That did not help at all. I think it is a change in the PowerBI service side.

Thanks,

Xin

The workspace I created is V2 workspace. That's why there are only two options.

To delete the workspace, click on the "..." next to the workspace, click "Workspace settings". There is a "Delete workspace" button at the bottom left of the pop up window. For some reason I did not see it before.

Thanks,

Xin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors