cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssalisbury1
Frequent Visitor

Unable to delete datamart

I am unable to delete a datamart that I created on accident. This is the message I get when I go to the 3 dots and click Delete. For reference I created this datamart 10 days ago.

How can I delete this datamart? 

ssalisbury1_0-1659375039651.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sofa
Frequent Visitor

I posted an idea on the forum please, a bit confused with the respond they now say that it is deliverd because members do have the button "For now, only the admin role of the workspace can delete the datamart. Although the member role has the delete option, it has no practical effect."  🤣 https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/let-members-be-able-to-delete-a-datamart/idi-p/2702496

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sofa
Frequent Visitor

As tennant admin I can confirm this is not posible (yet): we had the same issue in our company. I ended up deleting the datamart for the member as an admin user on that workspace. It is as I think still because permissions are not configured correctly in the service. So search for the admin of the workspace and ask that fellow to delete thats the workaround for now I think.

sofa
Frequent Visitor

I posted an idea on the forum please, a bit confused with the respond they now say that it is deliverd because members do have the button "For now, only the admin role of the workspace can delete the datamart. Although the member role has the delete option, it has no practical effect."  🤣 https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/let-members-be-able-to-delete-a-datamart/idi-p/2702496

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ssalisbury1

Have you tried to delete the data mart again? Was it successful?

If it still failed, I would like to know how you created the data mart and if you did anything with it after you accidentally created it? And what is your license now?

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi @v-mengzhu-msft. Yes I have tried deleting it multiple times and I keep getting the same message "Unable to delete datamart". I have a pro license and I am a Member of the workspace. 

I created it by clicking on the "New datamart" button as shown below. I was trying to update an app and I clicked on this by mistake.  I did not do anything with it after I created it.

ssalisbury1_0-1659612053674.png

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @ssalisbury1 

I think that because this is a Version 1 of datamarts it is not fully working yet.

I would suggest trying again in a few days to see if you can delete it then.

It should not impact anything.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
November 2022 Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2022 updates!

Microsoft 365 Conference â__ December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference - 06-08 December

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors