Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to create gateway connection to SharePoint Online list !!

Hi Community,

Since last 1 week i havent been able to create a connection to SharePoint online list via our gateways to my model. I am frequently getting this error for no reason. I was able to create this connection previously, but since a week gateways arent allowing me to proceed with connection.  

Authentication method is : OAuth2

Below is the error  - 

halcyon_pbi_guy_0-1653240385397.png

ActivityId: f863d6ef-bb0d-42f5-911e-ab02b5b1d068 RequestId: b844ab4c-0e46-47b8-8608-636865a784a2 Cluster URI: https://api.powerbi.com Status code: 400

Time: Sun May 22 2022 22:49:29 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)

Any kind of suggestion is most welcome !!

PS : I have already tried to update my gateways, but still i am unable to 😥

@v-kkf-msft , @v-yalanwu-msft

3 REPLIES 3
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

If you use the same credentials to connect to the SharePoint Online list on the Desktop, will it refresh normally ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

What happens if you just use the Edit Credentials in the Power BI Service for your connection?

NOTE: You would need to configure your gateway to be able to refresh both on-prem and cloud data sources together as shown below in the Gateway configuraton.

GilbertQ_0-1653256442370.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @GilbertQ 

I did the above as you mentioned. Enabled all the check boxes as part of configuration. But no luck .

Also when i edit my credentials, nothing happens as well. I have tried all authentication modes i.e Anonymous, Windows and OAuth2

halcyon_pbi_guy_0-1653299525002.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors