Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to create datamarts in this workspace

Hello, I've been receiving the following error when attempting to creat a datamarts:

Unable to create datamarts in this workspace. Datamarts are supported in Premium Generation 2 (PPU/PPC) workspaces only

The workspace is sitting on a P1 SKU, I am not sure if that means we should be able to use DataMarts.

It's a V2 capacity.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You cant directly upgrade the workspace. You need to upgrade your premium capacity first. Refer below link -

What is Power BI Premium Gen2? - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If I answered your question, mark my response as a Solution. Appreciate your KUDOS! (To Like, or Kudo a post, click the yellow thumbs up box in the bottom right corner.)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AnamPatel
Resolver II
Resolver II

There are two type of Power BI Premium Gen1 and Gen2. Gen2 is the latest version. Seems like your current workspace is in Gen1.

If you want to create Datamart then you need a Gen2 based workspace. Connect with your Power BI admin for this.

If I answered your question, mark my response as a Solution. Appreciate your KUDOS! (To Like, or Kudo a post, click the yellow thumbs up box in the bottom right corner.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought this was the issue however I do not seem to see the upgrade button under the workspace settings in the admin portal. 

You cant directly upgrade the workspace. You need to upgrade your premium capacity first. Refer below link -

What is Power BI Premium Gen2? - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turns out that it was a Gen2 Capacity however I had to link the capacity to the workspace through that specific capacity's menu instead of the settings of the workspace.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors