Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

karo
Post Patron
Post Patron

Unable to create data source. Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior ...

Hi,

Do you know how to troubleshot scenario when we are not able to create connection for OData type data source on On-Prem Data Gateway (standard mode) and we get an error:

"Unable to create data source. Unable to connect to the data source. Either the data source is inaccessible, a connection timeout occurred, or the data source credentials are invalid. Please verify the data source configuration and contact a data source administrator to troubleshoot this issue.

Details:

XXX: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation. Please have this information handy if you choose to create a support ticket.

ActivityId: XXX Cluster URI: https://api.powerbi.com   

Status code: 400 Time: Tue Jan 24 2023 15:31:59 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time)" 

Notes: 

- Refresh via Power BI Desktop works fine 

- Gateway in Standard Mode, Gateway version 3000.154.3 

Regards, 

Karo 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
karo
Post Patron
Post Patron

In case anyone encounters a similar problem in the future please Skip Test Connection to resolve the issue. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
karo
Post Patron
Post Patron

In case anyone encounters a similar problem in the future please Skip Test Connection to resolve the issue. 

Does the connection actually work if you skip the connection test?

karo
Post Patron
Post Patron

Anyone? Any hints?

AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @karo 

I hope you are able to connect to this source through Desktop. Assuming you have the right permission, then I think this could be the issue
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/troubleshoot/known-issues/known-issue-220-gateway-data-so...

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

Hi @AnkitKukreja thank you for the reply, but we do not have problems with updating credenntials and we already have Admin rights on gateway. The issue is when we are trying to add data source. And what is quite strange, it is funny, we whare able to add other similar data sources, for the same project without problems. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors