Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dhinaker

Unable to create a dataset in My Workspace with App Data

I was just assigned a Power BI Premium license. I am trying to create a custom dashboard using data from an App (Zuora). 

When I try to create a dashboard in "My Workspace", it asks me to connect to a Dataset. I am trying to connect to the Zuora Service. It connects sucessfully but  Zuora under the "Apps" section. It shows the pre-configured dashboard and reports from Zuora but I cannot edit these reports. 

It also doesn't show Zuora as a dataset in "My Workspace". I think this is the issue. It just wont let me add Zuora as a dataset in my workspace. Is this a permissions issue? Can anyone suggest how I can resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dhinaker

Content of Apps can’t be customized by users, it is by design not a bug.

From this sentence “It connects sucessfully but  Zuora under the "Apps" section”, I guess you connect to an App not a Service content pack.

In the following picture, please select “Service Content Pack”.

11.png

Connect to the Zuora for Power BI as a Service content pack.

In this way, you can use the default dashboard and reports, or customize them to meet your own unique dashboard and reporting needs.

Analyze and Monitor your Zuora data in Power BI

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dhinaker

Content of Apps can’t be customized by users, it is by design not a bug.

From this sentence “It connects sucessfully but  Zuora under the "Apps" section”, I guess you connect to an App not a Service content pack.

In the following picture, please select “Service Content Pack”.

11.png

Connect to the Zuora for Power BI as a Service content pack.

In this way, you can use the default dashboard and reports, or customize them to meet your own unique dashboard and reporting needs.

Analyze and Monitor your Zuora data in Power BI

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors