Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bhoga
Frequent Visitor

Unable to create a Data Source Type for SharePoint in a Gateway Cluster.

Hello everyone,

I have a Power BI Report which is extracting a portion of data from our On-premise MS SQL Database and a portion from SharePoint (specifically a Folder on SharePoint Online Site with about 15 Excel Files).

I tried to create a Data Source with Data Source Type = SharePoint in a Gateway Cluster. However, it is throwing an error as per the

screenshot below:

SharePointGatewayIssue.jpg

I have referred to many links and have also bumped into an idea link wherein Microsoft seems to have resolved this issue of pooling up data from on-prem (SQL Database in our case) and cloud (SharePoint in our case) data sources but this doesn't seem to work as yet.

As soon as I select Authentication Method = OAuth2, and Privacy Level setting for this data source = None or Private or Organizational or Public, the Add button is greying out or Disabled per the screenshot above.

However, when I tried to create a fresh new Gateway Cluster, everything just works fine.

Requirement is to create a this new SharePoint Gateway under the existing Gateway Clusters.

FYI - Gateway is updated from September to the latest (October 2020) as of yesterday.

Can anyone please help me with what I'm doing wrong or is there any settings I need to check/change on the configured On-Premise Gateway or on the SharePoint Site?

Your time and help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, C

Below is the complete Error Message if that helps:

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to . Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance."Hide details

Activity ID:3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxc5e
Request ID:4xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx0
Cluster URI:https://wabi-australia-southeast-redirect.analysis.windows.net/
Status code:400
Error Code:DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode
Time:Wed Oct 28 2020 12:58:14 GMT+1100 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
Service version:13.0.14553.65
Client version:2010.2.03456-train
MWC PowerBI Gateway:Unable to connect to the data source undefined.
Underlying error code:-2147467259
Underlying error message:SharePoint: Request failed: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind:SharePoint
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath:https://domain.sharepoint.com/sites/Pbidata
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:DataSource.Error
2 REPLIES 2
mahimabedi
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Can you applied the setting "Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster " ? Its mentioned as a prerequiste below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-mashup-on-premises-cloud#prer...

PS: Please mark this post as a "solution"  if this helps solving the issue and/or hit the "thumbs-up" button if you found this insighful. Thanks.

@mahimabediThanks for your reply. Yes, I've ensured those 3 options there are all checked/ticked. Still got that error message.

Anymore takes.. anyone..!

Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors