Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bhoga
Frequent Visitor

Unable to create a Data Source Type for SharePoint in a Gateway Cluster.

Hello everyone,

I have a Power BI Report which is extracting a portion of data from our On-premise MS SQL Database and a portion from SharePoint (specifically a Folder on SharePoint Online Site with about 15 Excel Files).

I tried to create a Data Source with Data Source Type = SharePoint in a Gateway Cluster. However, it is throwing an error as per the

screenshot below:

SharePointGatewayIssue.jpg

I have referred to many links and have also bumped into an idea link wherein Microsoft seems to have resolved this issue of pooling up data from on-prem (SQL Database in our case) and cloud (SharePoint in our case) data sources but this doesn't seem to work as yet.

As soon as I select Authentication Method = OAuth2, and Privacy Level setting for this data source = None or Private or Organizational or Public, the Add button is greying out or Disabled per the screenshot above.

However, when I tried to create a fresh new Gateway Cluster, everything just works fine.

Requirement is to create a this new SharePoint Gateway under the existing Gateway Clusters.

FYI - Gateway is updated from September to the latest (October 2020) as of yesterday.

Can anyone please help me with what I'm doing wrong or is there any settings I need to check/change on the configured On-Premise Gateway or on the SharePoint Site?

Your time and help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, C

Below is the complete Error Message if that helps:

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to . Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance."Hide details

Activity ID:3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxc5e
Request ID:4xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx0
Cluster URI:https://wabi-australia-southeast-redirect.analysis.windows.net/
Status code:400
Error Code:DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode
Time:Wed Oct 28 2020 12:58:14 GMT+1100 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
Service version:13.0.14553.65
Client version:2010.2.03456-train
MWC PowerBI Gateway:Unable to connect to the data source undefined.
Underlying error code:-2147467259
Underlying error message:SharePoint: Request failed: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind:SharePoint
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath:https://domain.sharepoint.com/sites/Pbidata
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:DataSource.Error
2 REPLIES 2
mahimabedi
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Can you applied the setting "Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster " ? Its mentioned as a prerequiste below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-mashup-on-premises-cloud#prer...

PS: Please mark this post as a "solution"  if this helps solving the issue and/or hit the "thumbs-up" button if you found this insighful. Thanks.

@mahimabediThanks for your reply. Yes, I've ensured those 3 options there are all checked/ticked. Still got that error message.

Anymore takes.. anyone..!

Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors