Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to connect to the remote server table

Hi guys,

I have a refresh problem. I searched this in all the web. I got some information about authentication and tried these. Nothing helped to me. To solve this problem is very important for me because the company which i'm working with is getting furious. I need all of yours help.

All of my data stored in my companys sharepoint folders. That's why i don't need and use gateway. Refresh is working fine in first days but then it start to getting error like this;

Sharepoint: Request failed: Unable to connect to the remote server Table: xxx (Table names changes every single time)

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

2 REPLIES 2

@Anonymous Are people changing the path or file names of where you are pulling your data from? If you download open and try to refresh in the Desktop does it work or do you get failures there as well? How are you fixing it now?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seth_C_Bauer 
Nobody changes anything. Paths, file names, excel names, sheet names, excel structure everythig is stay with original versions. 

When i try to refresh in desktop it works well. No failures, no errors. Everything is fine on the desktop.

I removed some of the tables which gets error and connect them again on power bi desktop then it start working 1-2 times then broke again.

I have another dashboard in this company, everything is same. The data source is sharepoint no gateway but it works very well. In last 3 month other dashboard didn't get any error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors